Report from Our People's Peace Delegation to Iran
July 20-30, 2007: Tehran - Shiraz - Yazd - Esfahan - Qom
Co-sponsored by the Virginia Anti-War Network & The Richmond Defender newspaper
TAKE THE JOURNEY BY USING THE FOLLOWING LINKS:
Photos from the journey.
The initial call for a People's Peace Delegation to Iran.
Four reports from the delegation.
Media coverage of the delegation, including on Iranian TV.
National Press Conference in D.C. on return from Iran.
Letter from delegation organizer to the president of Iran.
Letter from an Iranian Navy captain to the U.S. Navy captain who ordered the shooting down of an Iranian commercial airplane in 1988.
Background stories from The Richmond Defender.
* ART MARBURG of Milwaukee Wis., a former union official and a longtime activist for peace and social justice
* TYLA MATTESON of Richmond, Va., a member of the Sierra Club and the Virginia Anti-War Network (VAWN)
* GEOFF MILLARD, Washington, D.C., president of the D.C. chapter of Iraq Veterans Against the War
* TOM PALUMBO, Norfolk, Va., a member of Veterans for Peace and VAWN
* PHIL WILAYTO, Richmond, Va., delegation organizer, editor of The Richmond Defender and a founding member of VAWN
Three other delegation members who unfortunately were not able to participate in the journey were:
* Kouross Esmaeli, an independent filmmaker from New York City
* Stacy King, a paralegal from Washington, D.C.
* Linda Schade, executive director of Voters for Peace, Washington, D.C.
Special thanks to ANA EDWARDS of Richmond and ANN WILLIAMS of Norfolk who provided invaluable technical and media support for the delegation, and to ROSTAM POURZAL, president of the U.S. Branch of the Campaign Against Sanctions & Military Intervention in Iran, without whose help this project would not have happened.
To learn more about the Delegation's trip to Iran, and/or if you are interested in having a member (or members) of the Delegation speak to your group, please contact:
Phil Wilayto, Editor
The Richmond Defender
PO Box 23202, Richmond, VA 23223